India vs Australia (2019) Fourth One Day International Match
India vs Australia (2019) Fourth One Day International Match held on March 10, 2019, 01:30 P.M. local.
Venue: Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali.
Umpires: Kumar Dharmasena & Anil Kumar Chaudhary.
Third Umpire: Joel Wilson
Match Referee: Ranjan Madugalle
India vs Australia (2019) Fourth One Day International Match are Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Lokesh Rahul, Virat Kohli (c), Rishabh Pant (wk), Kedar Jadhav, Vijay Shankar, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Jasprit Bumrah.
Players on Bench are Ambati Rayudu, Mohammed Shami, and Ravindra Jadeja.
Australia Squad are Aaron Finch (c), Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Glenn Maxwell, Ashton Turner, Alex Carey (wk), Jhye Richardson, Pat Cummins, Jason Behrendorff, and Adam Zampa.
Substitutes are Marcus Stoinis, Nathan Lyon, and Andrew Tye.
India won the toss and opted to bat.
Indian openers Rohit Sharma & Shikhar Dhawan arrived to the crease and displayed an astounding batting skill for first wicket scoring a spectacular 193 runs in 30 overs. In 31st over, the first wicket of Rohit fell caught by Peter Handscomb for Jhye Richardson. Rohit Sharma scored 95 runs in 92 balls with seven 4s and two 6s in his credit. Shikhar Dhawan joined by Lokesh Rahul for second wicket together added 61 runs for second wicket. In 37.4 overs, Pat Cummins picked the wicket of Dhawan clean bowled. Rishabh Pant (36 runs in 24 balls with four 4s and a six), Vijay Shankar (26 runs in 15 balls with a 4 and two 6s), & Lokesh Rahul (26 runs in 31 balls with a 4) were other main contributors for India’s total of 358 runs in 50 overs losing 9 wickets in this India vs Australia (2019) Fourth One Day International Match.
Pat Cummins lead the Australian bowlers in the process of facing the Indian batsmen. Cummins picked 5 wickets of Shikhar Dhawan, Rishabh Pant, Kedar Jadhav, Vijay Shankar, & Yuzvendra Chahal. Jhye Richardson picked three wickets of Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, & Bhuvaneshwar Kumar. Adam Zampa picked the wicket of Lokesh Rahul.
Australia started the second innings with the hope of achieving this huge target of 359 runs in 50 overs. They lost their first two wickets quickly in fourth ball of first over of Aaron Finch (clean bowled by Bhuvaneshwar Kumar) & Shaun Marsh (cleaned bowled by Jasprit Bumrah) in 3.3 overs. Usman Khawaja together with Peter Handscomb replied responsibly for third wicket with 192 runs. In the first ball of 34th over, Khawaja lost his wicket to Bumrah caught by Kuldeep Yadav scoring 91 runs individually in 99 balls. Glen Maxwell followed Khawaja in 36.1 overs after 23 runs in 13 balls with two 4s and a six, LBW Kuldeep Yadav. Peter Handscomb reached his ton. Handscomb & Ashton Turner (84 runs in 43 balls with five 4s and six 6s, not out) jointly added 42 runs to the total and in 41.1 overs Handscomb was caught by Lokesh Rahul in Yuzvendra Chahal’s bowling. He scored 117 runs in 105 balls with eight 4s and three 6s. Alex Carey in the end added 21 runs to the total as his contribution and got out caught by Dhawan for Bumrah in 47.4 overs reaching the score of 357 runs. Turner scored the winning 2 runs in 47.5 overs. Thus, Australia had this huge run chase successfully losing 6 wickets in this India vs Australia (2019) Fourth One Day International Match.
For India, Jasprit Bumrah (3 wickets of Khawaja, Marsh, & Carey), Bhuvaneshwar Kumar (1 wicket of Finch), Kuldeep Yadav ( 1 wicket,Glenn Maxwell), & Yuzvendra Chahal (wicket of Handscomb) were wicket-takers and failed to restrict Australians from reaching the target.
India 358/9 in 50 overs
Australia 359/6 in 47.5 overs.
Australia won this India vs Australia (2019) Fourth One Day International Match by 4 wickets and Man of the Match awarded to Ashton Turner for his demolishing 84 runs not out.
Australia beat India by 4 wickets
India 1st Innings
|Kuldeep Yadav||not out||1||1||0||0|
|Jasprit Bumrah||not out||6||1||0||1|
Australia 2nd Innings
|Ashton Turner||not out||84||43||5||6|
|Jhye Richardson||not out||0||0||0||0|
India (IND) Scorecard
|Rohit Sharma c Peter Handscomb b Jhye Richardson||95||92||7||2|
|Shikhar Dhawan b Pat Cummins||143||115||18||3|
|Lokesh Rahul c Alex Carey b Adam Zampa||26||31||1||0|
|Virat Kohli (C) c Alex Carey b Jhye Richardson||7||6||1||0|
|Rishabh Pant (W) c Aaron Finch b Pat Cummins||36||24||4||1|
|Kedar Jadhav c Jhye Richardson b Pat Cummins||10||12||0||0|
|Vijay Shankar c Glenn Maxwell b Pat Cummins||26||15||1||2|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar c Alex Carey b Jhye Richardson||1||2||0||0|
|Kuldeep Yadav not out||1||1||0||0|
|Yuzvendra Chahal c & b Pat Cummins||0||1||0||0|
|Jasprit Bumrah not out||6||1||0||1|
|Extras: 7 (b – 1, w – 5, nb – 0, Penalty – 0)|
|Total: 358-9 in 50.0 overs (7.16 runs per over)|
|Fall of wickets:
1-193 (Rohit Sharma, 31 ov), 2-254 (Shikhar Dhawan, 37.4 ov), 3-266 (Virat Kohli, 39.4 ov), 4-296 (Lokesh Rahul, 3 ov), 5-314 (Rishabh Pant, 45.3 ov), 6-331 (Kedar Jadhav, 48 ov), 7-344 (Bhuvneshwar Kumar, 49 ov), 8-351 (Vijay Shankar, 49.3 ov), 9-352 (Yuzvendra Chahal, 49.5 ov)
Australia (AUS) Scorecard
|Aaron Finch (C) b Bhuvneshwar Kumar||0||2||0||0|
|Usman Khawaja c Kuldeep Yadav b Jasprit Bumrah||91||99||7||0|
|Shaun Marsh b Jasprit Bumrah||6||10||1||0|
|Peter Handscomb c Lokesh Rahul b Yuzvendra Chahal||117||105||8||3|
|Glenn Maxwell lbw b Kuldeep Yadav||23||13||2||1|
|Ashton Turner not out||84||43||5||6|
|Alex Carey (W) c Shikhar Dhawan b Jasprit Bumrah||21||15||2||0|
|Jhye Richardson not out||0||0||0||0|
|Extras: 17 (b – 4, w – 5, nb – 0, Penalty – 0)|
|Total: 359-6 in 47.5 overs (7.56 runs per over)|
|Fall of wickets:
1-3 (Aaron Finch, 0.4 ov), 2-12 (Shaun Marsh, 3.3 ov), 3-204 (Usman Khawaja, 33.1 ov), 4-229 (Glenn Maxwell, 36.1 ov), 5-271 (Peter Handscomb, 41.1 ov), 6-357 (Alex Carey, 47.4 ov)
- India 55/0 in 9.2 overs
- 1st wkt Partnership: 55 off 56 balls between R Sharma (14) and S Dhawan (41)
- Power play 1 (1-10): India 58/0
- S Dhawan 28th ODI fifty : 51 runs in 44 balls (9×4) (0x6)
- India 100/0 in 17.2 overs
- 1st wkt Partnership: 100 off 104 balls between R Sharma (40) and S Dhawan (60)
- Drinks: India 103/0 in 18.0 overs
- R Sharma 40th ODI fifty : 50 runs in 61 balls (3×4) (1×6)
- India 150/0 in 25.2 overs
- 1st wkt Partnership: 150 off 152 balls between R Sharma (65) and S Dhawan (83)
- India 201/1 in 32.0 overs
- S Dhawan 16th ODI hundred : 102 runs in 97 balls (12×4) (1×6)
- Drinks: India 222/1 in 35.0 overs
- 2nd wkt Partnership: 51 off 35 balls between S Dhawan (39) and KL Rahul (12)
- India 253/1 in 37.2 overs
- Power play 2 (11-40): India 267/3 (209 runs, 3 wickets)
- India 300/3 in 43.5 overs
- India 350/7 in 49.1 overs
- P Cummins maiden ODI 5-wicket haul: 5/70 (10.0)
- Power play 3 (41-50): India 358/9 (91 runs, 6 wickets)
- Innings Break: India 358/9 in 50.0 overs
- Power play 1 (1-10): Australia 48/2
- Australia 51/2 in 10.3 overs
- 3rd wkt Partnership: 50 off 57 balls between U Khawaja (28) and P Handscomb (22)
- U Khawaja 7th ODI fifty : 50 runs in 52 balls (5×4) (0x6)
- Australia 101/2 in 18.1 overs
- 3rd wkt Partnership: 103 off 99 balls between U Khawaja (53) and P Handscomb (44)
- P Handscomb : 50 runs in 55 balls (3×4) (0x6)
- Australia 153/2 in 25.4 overs
- 3rd wkt Partnership: 150 off 146 balls between U Khawaja (70) and P Handscomb (69)
- Referral 1 (30.3 ovs): U Khawaja against IND (LBW) Successful (IND: 1, AUS: 1)
- Australia 200/2 in 32.5 overs
- Drinks: Australia 204/2 in 33.0 overs
- P Handscomb maiden ODI hundred: 100 runs in 92 balls (6×4) (3×6)
- Referral 2 (36.1 ovs): G Maxwell against IND (LBW) Unsuccessful (IND: 1, AUS: 0)
- Australia 229/4: G Maxwell lbw b K Yadav 23(13)
- Australia 252/4 in 39.0 overs
- Referral 3 (43.4 ovs): IND against A Turner (LBW) Unsuccessful (IND: 0, AUS: 0)
- Australia 305/5 in 44.3 overs
- A Turner maiden ODI Fifty: 53 runs in 33balls (4×4) (3×6)
- 6th wkt Partnership: 50 off 28 balls between A Turner (30) and A Carey (15)
- A Turner dropped on 80 by S Dhawan in 46.4 overs
- Australia 350/5 in 46.5 overs