AUSTRALIA VS INDIA (2018 – 2019) FIRST ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL MATCH
Australia vs India (2018 – 2019) First One Day International Match commenced on January 12, 2019, 01:20 P.M. local.
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
Umpires: Michael Gough & Paul Wilson.
Third Umpire: Richard Kettleborough
Match Referee: Andy Pycroft
Australia Playing XI for this Australia vs India (2018 – 2019) First One Day International Match are Aaron Finch (c), Alex Carey (wk), Usman Khawaja, Shaun Marsh, Peter Handscomb, Marcus Stoinis, Glenn Maxwell, Nathan Lyon, Peter Siddle, Jhye Richardson, and Jason Behrendorff.
Substitute players are Adam Zampa and Billy Stanlake.
India Squad includes Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli (c), Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, and K Khaleel Ahmed.
Players on bench are Mohammed Siraj, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Kedar Jadhav.
Australia won the toss and opted to bat.
Australian openers Alex Carey & Aaron Finch arrived to the crease in the hope to set a big target for India to chase. Aaron Finch got out bowled by a good length delivery around off from Bhuvaneshwar Kumar to get his 100th wicket in ODIs in 2.2 overs scoring 6 runs in 11 balls individually as 8/1. Usman Khawaja joined Carey for second wicket and together scored 33 runs until 10th over when Carey was caught by Rohit for Kuldeep Yadav from a delivery just outside off stump in 9.5 overs as 41/2 scoring 24 runs in 31 balls. Shaun Marsh arrived for the third wicket and crafted a steady partnership with Khawaja until 29th over when Jadeja broke the partnership in 28.2 overs claiming leg before with Khawaja attempting a fancy sweep shot making no contact with ball. Khawaja was out scoring 59 runs in 81 balls adding to the total of 133/3. Peter Handscomb joined Marsh for fourth wicket together made 53 runs until Marsh getting out in 37.3 overs as 186/4 scoring 54 runs 70 balls individually. Handscomb played a spectacular innings for his team and scored 73 runs in 61 balls with six 4s and two 6s caught by Shikhar Dhawan for Bhuvaneshwar Kumar in 47.2 overs as 254/5. Marcus Stoinis (47 runs in 43 balls with two 4s and two 6s) & Glenn Maxwell (11 runs in 5 balls) remained not out when innings ended with Australia scoring 288 runs losing 5 wickets in 50 overs setting a target of 289 runs in this Australia vs India (2018 – 2019) First One Day International Match.
Six Indian bowlers were used to restrict the Australians from scoring big. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar & Kuldeep Yadav both picked 2 wickets and Ravindra Jadeja picked a wicket.
Indian opening batsmen arrived hoping to reach the target of 289 runs. Rohit Sharma & Shikhar Dhawan started their innings losing first wicket of Shikhar Dhawan (duck out) getting out LBW in first over of Jason Behrendorff 1/1. Second & third wicket fell in fourth over Virat Kohli caught by Stoinis and Ambati Rayudu (duck out) LBW in Jhye Richardson’s over. India was 4/3 in fourth over. MS Dhoni (51 runs in 96 balls with three 4s and a six) joined Sharma for fourth wicket and added 137 runs to the total together. MS. Dhoni got out LBW in Jason Behrendorff in 32.2 overs. Rohit played all though the innings until 46th over and scored a splendid 133 runs in 129 balls with 10 4s and six 6s. Rohit Sharma’s responsible innings went in vain towards defeating Australia, as he got out in 45.4 overs caught by Maxwell for Marcus Stoinis. Bhuvaneshwar Kumar in the end of the session played responsibly for India and scored 29 runs in 23 balls and remained not out. India was able to score 254 runs losing 9 wickets in 50 overs and lost this contest.
Australian bowler Jhye was dominant over India batsmen picking 4 wickets giving away 26 runs in 10 overs in this Australia vs India (2018 – 2019) First One Day International Match. Behrendorff & Stoinis both players picked 2 wickets each. Stoinis picked the crucial wicket of Rohit Sharma and Behrendorff picked wicket of Behrendorff. Peter Siddle picked a wicket.
AUS 288/5 (50.0 Ovs)
IND 254/9 (50.0 Ovs)
Australia won this Australia vs India (2018 – 2019) First One Day International Match by 34 runs and Man of the Match awarded to Jhye Richardson for his bowling (4 wickets).
Australia beat India by 34 runs
|Marcus Stoinis||not out||47||43||2||2|
|Glenn Maxwell||not out||11||5||1||0|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar||not out||29||23||4||0|
Australia (AUS) Scorecard
|Alex Carey (W) c Rohit Sharma b Kuldeep Yadav||24||31||5||0|
|Aaron Finch (C) b Bhuvneshwar Kumar||6||11||0||0|
|Usman Khawaja lbw b Ravindra Jadeja||59||81||6||0|
|Shaun Marsh c Mohammed Shami b Kuldeep Yadav||54||70||4||0|
|Peter Handscomb c Shikhar Dhawan b Bhuvneshwar Kumar||73||61||6||2|
|Marcus Stoinis not out||47||43||2||2|
|Glenn Maxwell not out||11||5||1||0|
|Extras: 14 (b – 4, w – 6, nb – 2, Penalty – 0)|
|Total: 288-5 in 50.0 overs (5.76 runs per over)|
|Fall of wickets:
1-8 (Aaron Finch, 2.2 ov), 2-41 (Alex Carey, 9.5 ov), 3-133 (Usman Khawaja, 28.2 ov), 4-186 (Shaun Marsh, 37.3 ov), 5-254 (Peter Handscomb, 47.2 ov)
India (IND) Scorecard
|Rohit Sharma c Glenn Maxwell b Marcus Stoinis||133||129||10||6|
|Shikhar Dhawan lbw b Jason Behrendorff||0||1||0||0|
|Virat Kohli (C) c Marcus Stoinis b Jhye Richardson||3||8||0||0|
|Ambati Rayudu lbw b Jhye Richardson||0||2||0||0|
|MS Dhoni (W) lbw b Jason Behrendorff||51||96||3||1|
|Dinesh Karthik b Jhye Richardson||12||21||0||0|
|Ravindra Jadeja c Shaun Marsh b Jhye Richardson||8||13||0||0|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar not out||29||23||4||0|
|Kuldeep Yadav c Usman Khawaja b Peter Siddle||3||6||0||0|
|Mohammed Shami c Glenn Maxwell b Marcus Stoinis||1||2||0||0|
|Extras: 14 (b – 0, w – 6, nb – 1, Penalty – 0)|
|Total: 254-9 in 50.0 overs (5.08 runs per over)|
|Fall of wickets:
1-1 (Shikhar Dhawan, 1 ov), 2-4 (Virat Kohli, 3.3 ov), 3-4 (Ambati Rayudu, 3.5 ov), 4-141 (MS Dhoni, 32.2 ov), 5-176 (Dinesh Karthik, 39.2 ov), 6-213 (Ravindra Jadeja, 44.1 ov), 7-221 (Rohit Sharma, 45.4 ov), 8-247 (Kuldeep Yadav, 49 ov), 9-254 (Mohammed Shami, 50 ov)
- Jason Behrendorff makes his ODI debut for Australia
- Australia 50/2 in 11.3 overs
- Drinks: Australia 75/2 in 17.0 overs
- 3rd wkt Partnership: 50 off 61 between U Khawaja (22) and S Marsh (24)
- Australia 103/2 in 22.5 overs
- U Khawaja 5th ODI fifty: 50 runs in 70 balls (5×4) (0x6)
- Referral 1 (28.2 ovs): U Khawaja against IND (LBW) Unsuccessful (AUS:1, IND:1 (Retained)
- Australia 133/3: U Khawaja lbw b R Jadeja 59(81)
- Drinks: Australia 160/3 in 34.0 overs
- S Marsh 13th ODI fifty: 52 runs in 65 balls (4×4) (0x6)
- 4th wkt Partnership: 50 off 49 between S Marsh (31) and P Handscomb (17)
- Australia 200/4 in 41.2 overs
- P Handscomb 2nd ODI fifty: 51 runs in 50 balls (4×4) (1×6)
- 5th wkt Partnership: 50 off 50 between P Handscomb (26) and M Stoinis (23)
- Australia 254/4 in 47.1 overs
- Innings Break: Australia 288/5 in 50.0 overs
- Referral 1 (0.5 ovs): AUS against R Sharma (LBW) Unsuccessful (AUS:0, IND:1)
- Referral 2 (3.5 ovs): A Rayudu against AUS (LBW) Unsuccessful (AUS:0, IND:0)
- India 4/3: A Rayudu lbw b J Richardson 0(2)
- Drinks: India 47/3 in 16.0 overs
- India 53/3 in 17.0 overs
- 4th wkt Partnership: 50 off 82 between R Sharma (32) and MS Dhoni (14)
- R Sharma ODI fifty: 50 runs in 62 balls (2×4) (3×6)
- India 100/3 in 25.2 overs
- 4th wkt Partnership: 100 off 136 between R Sharma (53) and MS Dhoni (41)
- MS Dhoni 68th ODI fifty: 50 runs in 93 balls (3×4) (1×6)
- Drinks: India 141/4 in 32.2 overs
- India 150/4 in 34.5 overs
- R Sharma 22th Test Hundred: 100 runs in 110 balls (7×4) (4×6)
- India 200/5 in 42.3 overs
- B Kumar dropped on 14 by U Khawaja in 47.6 overs
- India 253/8 in 49.3 overs
- B Kumar dropped on 28 by P Handscomb in 49.5 overs